Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 April 2023

VENGEANCE IN THE MIST by ROBIN PATCHEN

VENGEANCE IN THE MIST follows after Courage in the Shadows in the Coventry series by ROBIN PATCHEN, but it can easily stand alone. It is a fast paced legal thriller in which assistant district attorneys, Misty Lake and Tate Steele, are asked by their employer, District Attorney Leland Humphrey, to work together to clear Misty’s workload. Misty has recently been kidnapped for the second time, and she is now traumatised by her apartment having been broken into and bugged. She feels it could be the work of Freddy Parks who she prosecuted and put in jail, and who has now been let out. He has disappeared, which seems very suspicious.  Misty has always been very independant and starts out resenting Tate as they have to work together, but ends up being very glad for his protection. These two prosecutors have very different ideas about their cases, with Misty wanting to make sure that criminals receive the longest sentences to keep them off the streets, while Tate tends to offer plea bargains and shorter sentences in order to please his boss.  Tate is ambitious whilst Misty is passionate about justice, protecting the weak and putting away violent offenders. Will they be able to put aside their differences and suspicions and become more than friends?…..
I like the way the novel is based on a strong Christian message - the importance of forgiveness and showing mercy and unconditional love, and letting go of the past. I also like the way we feel the characters’ emotions. 
There is murder, the disappearance of suspects, and the fraudulent appropriation of funds, with several of the cases they are dealing with seeming to overlap.
We are taken on a real roller coaster ride and are kept guessing right to the end. 
I have  enjoyed every novel I have read by this author and Vengeance in the Mist is no exception.
I cannot recomend this thrilling and inspirational read strongly enough.

1 comments:

Robin Patchen said...

Thank you so much for the kind review, Sue! I appreciate you!

Post a Comment