Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 29 April 2023

COLD PURSUIT by NANCY MEHL

Publication date 11/7/23
Not only is COLD PURSUIT by NANCY MEHL an “unputdownable” thriller with a great plot and unforgettable characters, but it is also rich with character analysis and is based on  a strong Christian message of redemption, God’s protection and the importance of forgiveness. I cannot recommend this novel highly enough to anyone who enjoys this genre.
The story starts with River Ryland and Tony St Clair, behavioural analysts with the F.B.I, being attacked  by the Salt River Strangler. The results of this trauma lead them to leave the F.B.I. and move to St Louis where they open Watson Investigations, a private detective agency. Their first client is Amy Stover whose son Chris disappeared four years previously when he went to a concert with two of his friends. Amy wants to know what happened to her son so she can have closure……
I like to see the friendship between River and Tony and the way they make each other  laugh and are always “there” for each other. I also like to see how Tony relates to River’s mother, who is in the early stages of Altzeimers.
There is so much more to this book but I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling the read for you. I do hope there will be more novels in this series.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment