Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 April 2023

THE WOMAN FROM LYDIA by ANGELA HUNT

Publicatio date 11/7/23
THE WOMAN FROM LYDIA by ANGELA HUNT is biblical fiction at its best, with solid bible truth showing God’s mercy and redemptive power, together with His protection and deliverance from evil. The characters are beautifully portrayed and I love the way the author has rounded out their stories and has made them seem more real, without in any way interfering with the truth of God’s word.
It is the first novel in the Emissaries  series and starts our in Philippi in AD 50. We come across well known characters such as Paulos (Paul), Silas, Euodia (known as the woman of Lydia), Syntyche  and  the young gitl wtho had a spirit of divination. We see how Euodia and her household, and the body of believers, treated slaves as their brothers and sisters, and how Euodia and her two helpers followed Sabina when she was abducted by Hector, one of her former owners. Ariston, Euodia’s freed steward, is a great addition to the book……
I like the way the author shows us how alike people of AD 50 were to people today and how the ungodly still need deliverance and a relationship with the Lord. I like to see the zeal and courage of the early believers who truly believe, as we should too, that they are slaves to Christ, and are willing to face death to bring people into His kingdom.
The Woman from Lydia is a wonderfully inspirational read, with plenty of excitement and suspense. 
I cannot recommend this lovely book highly enough and am looking forward to more novels in the series.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are compleely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment