Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 11 May 2019

WHERE DANDELIONS BLOOM by TARA JOHNSON

Publication date 1/7/19.
WHERE DANDELIONS BLOOM by TARA JOHNSON is a book I will not forget in a hurry! It is a beautifully written love story that takes place amidst the horrors of the American Civil War.The novel kept my interest right through, with, not only the descriptions of the war and the interesting characters in the story, but also the message of the peace we can have in the Lord in spite of turmoil, hope instead of despair, the importance of forgiveness, not only towards others but also towards one's self, and of not wasting the life God has blessed us with. The other messages that come through strongly are the importance of not taking matters into one's own hands but trusting the Lord, who has promised to neither leave nor forsake us, of not running away and of operating in truth and love.
There is a wonderful camaraderie amongst the soldiers, and we see their tremendous courage when faced with hardship and carnage on every side. Cassie, alias Thomas Turner, is based an a real person's story. It is also interesting to see how photography was evolving, and how important it is to show the public the horrors of war in the hope that future wars can be avoided.
Some people, like Cassie's abusive father, see dandelions as nothing more than weeds, but Gabe who grew up in the slums, learned from his mother, "anytime you see dandelions blooming in mortar, hope remains!"
I really cannot recommend Where Dandelions Bloom highly enough, and know it is a book I will read again. I am looking forward to more books from this author.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment