Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 March 2024

LETHAL STANDOFF by DIANN MILLS

Publication date 3/9/24
LETHAL STANDOFF by DIANN MILLS is not only an exciting suspense novel but it is also an in depth study of human nature as Carrington Reed, a hostage negotiator, and Levi Ehrlich, an investigative reporter, lay their lives on the line to not only intervene in a hostage situation, but also to go the extra mile  in bringing healing to the Kendrix family by finding out the truth and finding justice for them. With Levi’s curiosity and Carrington’s compassion these two very brave “outliers” are well matched in their search for Timothy Kendrick’s murderer and the secrets that lie behind his death. As they work together will their growing friendship and similar goals turn into something more?…….
I really like Levi’s strong faith in Yeshua and the fact that he belongs to a Messianic church where the joy of the Lord and the strong message of salvation at the service she goes to affect Carrington whose faith in God has virtually disappeared.
I am not going to tell you any more as I do not want to spoil things for you.
There are many surprises and the nail-biting tension will keep you guessing right to the end.
I cannot recommend this well written, thrilling, suspense-filled novel strongly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



1 comments:

DiAnn said...

Sue, I'm humbled and so pleased with your excellent review of Lethal Standoff. Thank you so much!

Post a Comment