Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 9 April 2023

FINDING US by TRACIE PETERSON


Publication date 25/7/23
FINDING US is the second novel in the Pictures of the Heart series by TRACIE PETERSON but it can easeily stand alone. The book is full of excitement, suspense, beautiful descriptions, wonerful characters and romance, and also has a strong Christian message.
Bill Reed with his preacher brother Wallace and Wallace’s pregnant wife Amelia are on the City of Canton when it sinks and are separated. The two brothers hear that Amelia is dead and she hears the same of them. We see the very real struggle that Wallace has with God in his grief, and how Bill tris to encourage him.
Eleanor Bennett is working as a Camera girl for Fisher Photography at the Alaska-Yukom-Pacific Exposition and Bill is giving lectures at the Alaska exhibit. They meet and find they have a common interest in plants and become friends over the re-writing of Bill’s book on Alaskan vegetation. 
A photogtraph of a young widow with a baby taken by Eleanor sets things in motion - not all of them good…….
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you.
I cannot recommend Finding Us strongly enough.
I was given a freecopy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment