Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 29 March 2018

THE ACCIDENTAL GUARDIAN by MARY CONNEALY

THE ACCIDENTAL GUARDIAN by MARY CONNEALY is best described as a cowboy romance story with a fair share of suspense and a really good Christian message.
Cowboy Trace Riley comes across Deb and Gwen Harkness and two small children, Ronnie & Maddie Sue Scott, literally in the wilderness after the wagon train they were on was attacked and burnt. Trace, whose father was killed in a similar manner, makes it his business to guard the trails and keep a look out for trouble. He has become almost a mythical figure, the guardian of the trails.
For years he lived alone with only his stallion, Black, and his dog, Wolf, for company. Adam and Utah who work with him now are most surprised when he comes home with the women and children. I love the way these rough men adapt to the situation, although they are not at all used to having women and children around.
It is a delightful book and I really enjoyed it for the great story and biblical truth running through it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment