Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 April 2023

FACING THE ENEMY by DIANN MILLS

Publication date 5/9/23
I have enjoyed all the novels I have read by DIANN MILLS and FACING THE ENEMY is no exception. This brilliant romantic thriller is also inspirational as the author deals with such topics as unconditional love, forgiveness, courage, and the importance of never separating oneself  from God, who is the “only source of life and healing.” I particularly like the way we are given insight into the characters’ emotions as they battle with grief, guilt and sometimes confusion, as is the case with Carson Lowell, one of Risa’s most talented students.
On the dark side there is murder, human trafficking and the abduction and selling of babies, with crooked lawyers and adoption agencies taking advantage of the most vulnerable.
Risa Jacobs and Gage Patterson are special agents and partners in the Houston FBI but when Risa’s brother Trenton is killed in a hit and run, after pushing her to safety, she feels guilty and leaves the FBI and works as an English professor, pulling away from Gage and her parents to keep them safe…….
There is a great deal more to the story but I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this reiew are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment