Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday, 19 September 2026

THRONE OF THE HEAVENS by CONNILYN COSSETTE

 THRONE OF THE HEAVENS is the fourth and final novel in the King’s Men series by CONNILYN COSSETTE. As it is with all her novels, the book is based on Scripture, in this case,1 Samuel 15:34-35, which speaks of Saul’s fall from grace. In fact I suggest that you read the whole chapter to fill in the background.

She has a wonderful gift of revealing Scriptural truth through using well developed fictional characters to reveal, not only the history of the time period, but also the truth of God’s Word. Her novels are the product of a great deal of historical and biblical research, but also strong faith in Yahweh, the One True God, and a love for the Jews, His chosen people. Her character analysis is also excellent.
I like to see how Mattaniel, even when he is still a slave in the king of Tyre’s court, has prophetic dreams which come from his upbringinging under Samuel’s teaching, even though he cannot remember who he is or where he came from……..
We learn so much about the treachery of the Sidonians and Philistines and their hatred of the Hebrews, the Shardan people with their strange language and their friendship with Mattaniel, life in the court of Tyre where everyone bows the knee to King Abibaal and also to the false gods they worship. We also see what Saul’s court has become due to his disobedience and arrogance……
There is treachery, intrigue and danger, but there is also hope, brotherly love and a beautiful and impossible romance, as Yahweh works through a young man who finds out who he is and moves into God’s purpose for his life.
The message in this beautiful and exciting story really spoke to me and I cannot recommend Throne of the Heavens, and the whole series, strongly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment