Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday, 9 October 2026

A LOVE BEYOND PERSUASION by JOANNE BISCHOF DEWITT

  A LOVE BEYOND PERSUASION by JOANNE BISCHOF DEWITT is a beautifully written Christian, historical, second chance romance, which takes place in the late 1800’s, which is strongly reminiscent of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion.”The characters are well portrayed and the story has many ups and downs. It is altogether a most enjoyable and inspirational read, and one that will stay with me a long time.

Alice Elliot has lost her beloved mother and is left with her overbearing and unkind father, who continually berates her for her inability to read, and sees her as utterly useless, in spite of the fact that she works hard to keep the family afloat. The scripture she holds on to, which is one her mother taught her, is 
Psalm 61:1 “Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer,”which has become her cry for help. ……
Captain Frederich Wycliff is working towards becoming the Commodore of a fleet like his beloved grandfather, who has taken care of him since his parents died shortly after he was born. A scripture that he hears in church, and which he decides he needs to follow instead of making his own plans without first hearing from the Lord, is Proverbs 16:7, “A man’s heart diviseth his way, but the Lord directeth his steps.” ……
It is is good to see how these two people grow closer to the Lord and to one another…..
I cannot recommend this lovely book  strongly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment