Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 13 December 2019

VEILED IN SMOKE by JOCELYN GREEN

Publication date 4/2/20
VEILED IN SMOKE is the first novel in The Windy City Saga by JOCELYN GREEN, and I am really looking forward to the next books in the series. The story takes place at the time of the Great Fire of Chicago, and is one of both loss and restoration. It is a gripping story of two sisters who, against all odds, fight for justice for their father, a veteran of the Civil War, whose experiences in the war and in a POW camp, have affected him very badly and who has been charged with murder and placed in an insane asylum.
In spite of the heaviness of the theme, there is a strong message of hope. The author gets us involved with the characters as we see their faith in God being tested and refined by what they go through.
It is a book that I cannot recommend highly enough, for the exciting story, well researched history, great characters and strong Christian message.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment