Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 March 2018

THE LOVE LETTER by RACHEL HAUCK

THE LOVE LETTER by RACHEL HAUCK is a beautifully written inspirational romance, which starts in the eighteenth Century with Hamilton Lightfoot and Esther Kingsley, and carries on into present time as their story is told in the film, Bound by Love.
The screenplay was written by Jesse Gates. It not only tells the story of unrequited love in Esther and Hamilton's case, but it also shows the turmoil in Jesse's heart caused by a relationship which ended in tragedy. It is as though he is making things right by finishing their story. Hamilton is Jesse's eight times great grandfather and the inspiration for the film is a letter from Hamilton to Esther where he declares his love for her.
Chloe Daschle, daughter of famous producer, Raymond Daschle and actress, Rachel Hayes, knows all about unrequited love! She is haunted by relationships that ended badly for her. She feels very strongly about marriage and what it really means as opposed to what it has largely become in Hollywood circles.
She has had some success as an actress, but has become known as "queen of the death scene", as the characters she plays always die! When Chloe reads the screenplay of Bound by Love, she is moved by the story and begs her father's good friend, Jeremiah Gonda, to play the part of Esther.
I don't want to spoil the read for you, so I won't say any more about the story. I really enjoyed the book. Not only is it a love story set against the backdrops of the Revolutionary War and Hollywood, but the strong Christian message is woven throughout the novel. I will definitely be reading The Love Letter more than once!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words.

Post a Comment