Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 20 December 2019

ONE LITTLE LIE by COLLEEN COBLE

Publication date 3/3/20
ONE LITTLE LIE is the first novel in the Pelican Harbor series by COLLEEN COBLE. I have been looking forward to reading it for quite a while and am definitely not disappointed. In her inimitable way, the author has given us a feast of mystery, suspense and romance, with a subtle Christian message. One Little Lie is my new favourite book by this author and I can highly recommend it as a most enjoyable and exciting read!
Things are not as they seem in Pelican Harbor with a vigilante on the loose, some gruesome murders, and politics and jealousy in the police department where Jane Hardy has been made chief of police.
I love the way Jane's character has been portrayed and cannot wait for the sequel to come out next year to see how things work out for her, and of course for all the other interesting characters. In no way is One Little Lie a cliffhanger, but it is easy to get attached to the likeable people we come to know in the book!
It is a story about secrets and lies - when exactly does the sin of omission become a fully fledged lie? When is the best time to tell someone the truth, especially if to do so could have life changing consequences? The problem of cults is also addressed and we see the effect they can have on people, even after they have managed to escape and live a new life in the real world.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment