Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 8 December 2019

BEACH HAVEN by T.I. LOWE

Publication date 8/4/20
BEACH HAVEN by T.I. LOWE is a really lovely book with a strong theme of restoration, and of turning what is broken into something that can be used.
The story starts with Lincoln Cole and Opal Gilbert in Sunset Cove at her funky furniture shop, Bless This Mess. She is tiny and feisty and has a heart of gold, but her nonstop chatter and quite unusual behaviour has him walking out before she can interview him for a job. He is in pain from a nearly fatal war wound which makes him grumpy and withdrawn, and he is afraid that she can see right into his soul. He is an ex Marine who has come to Sunset Cove after being blown up during his second tour of duty, to get away from everything and try and make sense of the rest of his life.
From the ancient knitting club ladies, to the Sand Queens, to Carter Bradford and his family and August, the hippie artist, there is a wonderful assortment of characters. Add to this, Hurricane Lacy and its aftermath, and the story grows in momentum. I am not going to tell you any more as I do not want to spoil the read for you.
The author has a way of drawing you right into the story, and you really feel what the characters are going through. I cannot recommend this book highly enough and am looking forward to reading the next two novels in the series.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment