Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 24 December 2019

THE FIFTH AVENUE STORY SOCIETY by RACHEL HAUCK

Publication date 4/2/20
THE FIFTH AVENUE STORY SOCIETY is my new favourite novel by RACHEL HAUCK. It is an honest, real, story of broken lives and the importance of dealing truthfully with the past.
Five people are invited to a meeting of the Fifth Avenue Story Society. This gradually leads to close friendships where they, hesitantly at first, tell the truth about their life stories. None of them know where the invitation has come from, but we get the feeling that the mysterious Gilda has been sent by God to help them unravel their lives. I love the way these very dissimilar people form such a close bond and help one another along life's road.
The message is one of encouragement and second chances and of really allowing the truth to set you free.
It is a lovely book and one that I can highly recommend.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment