Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 21 January 2024

IF THE BOOT FITS by KAREN WITEMEYER

Publishing date 12/3/24
IF THE BOOT FITS by KAREN WITEMEYER is the second novel in her Texas Ever After series. I really enjoy the way this authot writes delightful love stories, this one having a hint of Cinderella, with great characters and a solid Christian message, that, like this one, often  have the odd villain, a nasty secret and plenty of suspense to keep you guessing!
The story takes place in 1889 at the Three Cedars Ranch in Palo Pinto County, Texas, where Samantha Dearing lives with her cattle baron father and her younger brother Clinton. She has come home from finishing school in Boston where she was sent by her father after her mother’s death. She is furious with her father for sending her away and also for arranging  a ball in her honour, to which he has invited some of the wealthiest bachelors, and she feels he wants to “auction her off to the highest bidder”…..
Asher Ellis is furious with Eli Dearing for chasing his beloved stepmother, Mama Bess, and his brothers out of their home after his father died. He is doing a bit of illegal reconnaissance when he leaves his boot behind!……
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you.
I cannot recommend this most enjoyable read highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment