Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 January 2024

WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS by ELIZABETH CAMDEN

Publication date 13/2/24
WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS is the first novel in the Women of Midtown series by ELIZABETH CAMDEN. It is a most enjoyable read and I cannot wait for the next one! The characters and their emotions are beautifully portrayed and so is life in New York City in the early 20th century, especially the lives of those who work the night time shifts like Lieutenany Jonathan Birch, who keeps the city safe at night,  amd Dr Katherine Schneider, who is a qualified dentist and finishes work at  Parker’s Painless Dentistry at midnight,……
The story starts in 1913 with Jonathan walking Katherine home through Times Square to her rooms at the Martha Washington Hotel, bringing her gifts of delicious Italan treats. For Jonathan his whole life is the police fotce, but he hides a secret which could cost him his job and the beautiful Katherine, with whom he is desperately in love…..
With bombs going off at various strategic places, Katherine’s life is endangered when the newspaper runs with information she has brought to the police that a patient let slip when under the effects of laughing gas…..
We come across people like Katherine who has a loving and supportive  family and tends to see the nest in everyone, as opposed to Jonathan and Sean Gallagher, who come from sad and violent family backgrounds. …
I cannot recommend this novel highly enough for the great story, unforgettable characters, and subtle Christian message.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment