Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 5 January 2024

UP FROM DUST by HEATHER KAUFMAN

Publication date 23/1/24
UP FROM DUST by HEATHER KAUFMAN  is biblical fiction at its best. It is the story of Martha of Bethany, her early life with her widowed father, her studious younger brother Lazarus, and her handful of a younger sister, Mary. The author describes the life and customs of the time, and her analysis of the characters’ emotions draws one right into the story.
Part two of the novel takes us into Martha and her siblings’ friendship with this amazing carpenter, Jesus of Nazareth, who sees each one of them individually and relates to them where they are at. The biblical stoies are well told against the background of their friendship and the political climate of the times.
I like the way Jesus becomes real to each one of them and how they are never the same after meeting Him and experiencing His unconditional love and seeing the miracles He performs. …..
This novel, with its biblical truth, reflects the story of our walk with the Lord as we come to know Him as our Friend, Saviour and Deliverer…….
I cannot recommend Up From Dust highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment