Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 7 June 2021

THE BARRISTER AND THE LETTER OF MARQUE by TODD M JOHNSON

Publication date 3/8/21
THE BARRISTER AND THE LETTER OF MARQUE by TODD M JOHNSON is an intriguing historical romance novel which takes us into the legal world in England in the early 1800's. I love the descriptions of London in all her vibrancy, with the underlying elements of corruption and crime.
In 1797, at the age of eighteen, William Snopes leaves his privileged life behind and sets off to fulfill his dream of becoming a barrister. He becomes acquainted with Father Thomas Neal who plays an important role in his life and in the lives of William's two assistants, Edmund Shaw and Obadiah Cummings, orphans who William rescued. I like this Christian element running through the book. i also like William's love of music that helps sustain him through the pressures of life, and his determination to help those others would see as undesirables rather than seeking to ingratiate himself with the aristocracy.
Lady Madeleine Jameson's cousin, Harold Tuttle, is arrested on his arrival home on his ship Padget and faces the gallows, due to the disappearance of the Letter of Marque he was given before he set out.
Madeleine, who borrowed money to help fund the Padget's journey, approaches William to take on Harold's case.
That is all I am going to tell you as I do not want to spoil things for you.
It is an interesting, inspirational and exciting read, full of intrigue and twists and turns, and one I cannot recommend highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment