Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 3 January 2024

COLD THREAT by NANCY MEHL

Publication date 23/1/24
COLD THREAT is the second novel in the Ryland & St. Clair series by NANCY MEHL, but it can easily stand alone. I am really enjoying this series and cannot wait for the third and final book. Not only is Cold Threat exciting and literally “unputdownable”, but there is a strong Christian message flowing through it that really spoke to my heart! 
As we see the serial killer “righting wrongs” in his own delusional and diabolical way, we see how people in law enforcement like Dan, Tony and River, are committed to bringing justice in an evil world. As Tony’s mother, Beth, says to River ,“I believe bringing justice is a high calling. I thank God for people like Ray and Tony. And you.” And speaking of the words in Philippians chapter four verse eight, she adds,  “defending those who have been hurt by evil - bringing justice - is the enbodiment of that scripture”.
Tony St.Clair and River Ryland have left the FBI where they worked as trained profilers and are now in partnership in St Louis as private investigators. They both experienced trauma at the hands of the Salt River Strangler, which has affected them badly. We also see that he has not given up on his pursuit of River…..
Tony’s father, Ray, is determined to prove that the latest murder in Burlington  was committed by a copycat and not by the “Snowman”: whose first murder was committed in Des Moines twenty four years ago. Two of the more rescent murders in Burlington have the same MO and Ray has asked Tony and River to do a profile for him so that he can catch the murderer before there are any more victims. It is particularly important as it is December and heavy snow is predicted, making the conditions perfect for the man who has been dubbed the “Snowman.”……
I like to see how River enjoys family life with Tony’s parents, how she is growing in her faith and is even learning to forgive her parents for her messed up childhood. In fact the subject of dysfunctional family life plays a big part in the story.
I cannot recommend this enjoyable and riiveting read highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.




1 comments:

NancyMehl said...

Thank you so much, Sue!

Post a Comment