Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday, 11 September 2026

CHRISTMAS WITH THE EAST END GIRLS by JEAN FULLERTON

 CHRISTMAS WITH THE EAST END GIRLS is the third novel in the East End Girls series by JEAN FULLERTON, but it can easily stand alone. It is a delightful story of unconditional love and second chances against the backdrop of  war torn East End London in 1943.  There is also a great message of Christ’s unfailing love and forgiveness, as two sad and broken people meet at Christmas time. …….

Their first meeting is in a pub, where the disillusioned Georgina St-John Smythe, who mans the barrage balloon near his church, finds that the dashing Captain Moncrieff, who she has kissed passionately, is actually Father Guy Moncrieff and the new vicar!  She feels guilty and ashamed, but he also feels ashamed of  his behaviour and of voicing his anger towards God………
I love the close friendships amongst the balloon girls and the lack of class distinction amongst them.
I highly recommend this heartwarming, exciting and inspirational WW11 novel to anyone who enjoys rhis genre.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley by Bookouture. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment