Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday, 28 August 2026

THE SWAN HOUSE by ELiZABeTH MUSSER

 THE SWAN HOUSE by ELIZABETH MUSSER is a beaurifully written novel, full of truth, with a strong Christian message of love and acceptance, as some hard subjects are tackled by the author. It is not a book that can be read quickly, nor will it be easily forgotten. It is an emotional story of salvation and redemption which is firmly based on God’s word.

When tragedy hits the Middleton family, deep-seated family secrets are uncovered, and life changes for them all, especially for Mary Swan, who relentlessly works to uncover the truth about her beautiful, artistic mother. On her journey of self discovery, Swan battles with the prejudice and hatred against those of a different colour or religion, and gets involved in helping the poor black people of the Mt Carmel church, befriending Carl and his family and learning what being a real Christian is all about from them and Miss Abigail. The family’s beloved servant, Ella Mae, hopes that helping others less fortunate than herself will help Swan in her grief. …..
I cannot recommend this inspirational novel strongly enough, and  I don’t want to analyse it too much and spoil your read. 
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment