Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 29 December 2023

WHEN THE FLAMES RAVAGED by RHONDA DRAGOMIR


Publication date 1/4/24
WHEN THE FLAMES RAVAGED by RHONDA DRAGOMIR is a beautifully written novel which really stirs one up as the author bases her story on the Hartford circus fire that took place on the sixth of July 1944. The deep Christian content and the way in which we really feel the characters’ emotions, make this an unforgettable read. It is a story about incredible courage and unconditional  love played out against the reality of life during World War 11 and the excitement of the circus coming to town to bring some well needed cheer.
Hank Webb, or Fraidy Freddy the clown, is afraid of his past catching up with him, and has run away to the circus. It is there that he shows his true metal by saving as many people as he can including Evelyn Halstead’s niece and nephew.I love to see his caring heart as he loves and supports Evelyn, making her feel safe, and is the one who gets Lily to talk again. He also never gives up hope of finding Jamie…….
We are reminded throughout of relevant Scriptures such as “greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends” and Cowper’s hymn about God’s mysterious ways, as Hank and Evelyn struggle with their faith in a God who would allow such devastation. We wonder if their fledgling romance will stand up to all the stress and to the secret that Hank has hidden for so long……
I cannot recommend this lovely novel strongly enough. It is a heart wrenching story but hope shines throughout.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.




0 comments:

Post a Comment