Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 August 2023

RUNNING TO YOU by ROBIN PATCHEN


RUNNING TO YOU is the first novel in the Wright Heroes of Maine series by ROBIN PATCHEN, and although it follows on from A Mountain Too Steep, it can easily stand alone. I guarantee you will not be able to put the book down - it is a real page turner with mystery,  murder, and danger. Opposed to this is the strength of unconditional love and trust in the Lord.
The story takes place in Shadow Cove where Sam Wright, who has become wealthy from concentrating on his business, lives very comfortably in a huge house. His brother Daniel, who is a doctor, and his wife Camilla,  are staying with him while they look for a house in the area. Sam feels he is a failure, especially since his girlfriend, Eliza Pelletier, disappeared without a trace five years ago. He hardly socializes any more and  keeps away from his parents and brothers as well.
Imagine his surprise when a very bedraggled and beaten up Eliza arrives on his doorstep, suffering from amnesia!.….
Sam is now a Christian and is not sure how to respond to his ex for whom he still has feelings. Where has she been and how did she find him? And why did she run away in the first place? With her nightmares it is obvious that something has triggered her fear, and as her memory gradually comes back a horrific story is uncovered……
They are being followed, Eliza has a secret and her loved ones are in danger. Will Sam get over his jealousy in time to step in with his brothers and save the woman he loves?……
I am not going to tell you any more as I do not want to spoil things for you.
I cannot recommend Running to You highly enough for the exciting story, courageous and interesting characters and strong Christian message.  I cannot wait for the nest book in the series.

1 comments:

Robin Patchen said...

Thank you for the kind review, Sue! I appreciate that so much!!!

Post a Comment