Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 7 November 2021

LOVE’S FORTRESS by JENNIFER UHLARIK

Publication date 3/1/22
LOVE’S FORTRESS by JENNIFER UHLARIK is a novel in The Doors to the Past series which takes place in St Augustine, Florida, over two time lines, namely 1875 and the present. The timelines are brought together by a collection of Indian ledger art which Dani Sango comes across in her father, the infamous art forger’s, house after his death. She is helped by Brad Osgood, the acting art curator of Andrew’s museum and the colourful Matty, her father’s best friend and business partner, who runs a biker church whose members go on what they call “goose chases”, following where the Holy Spirit leads. I really like this concept which forms part of the Christian message of redemption and answered prayers running through the book.
The Castillo de San Marcos fort plays an important role in both timelines. This is where the seventy three Plains Indians were brught  in 1875.  White Chief Pratt employed, amongst others, Sally Jo Harris and her beau Luke Worthing, to teach the Indians English and general skills in order for them to fit in with the community. Some of them were also led to faith in the Lord. Broken Bow, who was initially the most antagonistic of the prisoners, became friendly  with Luke and Sally Jo.
This is a very realistic novel in which dysfunctional families, betrayal, lies, discrimination, and bad choices are not concealed.. There are also beautiful love stories in both timelines, cases of sacrificial love and unforgettable characters. 
I found this book a really worthwhile read, It is most inspirational and gives one a great deal of food for thought. I cannot recommend Love’s Fortress highly enough
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


1 comments:

Jennifer Uhlarik said...

Thank you so much, Sue! What a lovely review!

Post a Comment