Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 2 April 2024

A CHOICE CONSIDERED by TRACIE PETERSON

Publication date 2/7/24
A CHOICE CONSIDERED is rhe second novel in The Heart of Cheyenne series by TRACIE PETERSON, but it can easily stand alone. It is a beautifully written historical romance in which the author, in her special way, takes us through her characters’  joys, sorrows and struggles. There is also a strong Christian message of hope and restoration.  
The story takes place in Cheyenne Wyoming in 1868 with many of the unforgettable characters from the first book. With the exodus of many of the roughnecks, yand some of the saloons and houses of ill repute having moved out of the area, the town is much safer than it used to be.
Melody Doyle lives with her railway worker father, Clancy, in a tent. Father and daughter are very close and when Melody decides she would like to remain in Cheyenne when her father is well enough to return to work, her father refuses to leave her until she has a husband to look after her. Clancy Doyle, who has a strong gift of discernment, chooses several men from the district to court Melody……
Charlie  Dekker .is the new manager of his father’s bank in Cheyenne but, although he takes his position seriously, his real passion is teaching……
The strory is exciting and the romance is sweet. I cannot recommend this delightful and thought provoking novel with its stron emphasis on unconditiinal love, friendship and strong family bonds, highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment