Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 21 July 2013

DON'T LEAVE ME BY JAMES SCOTT BELL

DON'T LEAVE ME by JAMES SCOTT BELL is a suspense novel that I found hard to put down!
Chuck Samson is trying to put his life back together after his horrific experiences in Afghanistan, where he served as navy chaplain, and the death of his wife, Julia, in a car accident.
Chuck has a job as a school teacher, which he finds most fulfilling, and he is responsible for his younger brother, Stan, who has special needs. 
Everything changes when a man Chuck calls the "Mad Russian" deliberately causes him to slam into his car and then pulls a knife on him.
His life gets really complicated when his house burns down and he is suspected, not only of of manufacturing amphetamines, but also of committing murder!
Things are not at all as they seem and Chuck is devastated when he finds out the truth behind all that he goes through. Chuck has always had to be the brave one, the one with the answers to life's problems for his brother, the children in his class and those he ministered to in the army, but he is at a total loss as to why all these things are happening to him. He is gradually drawn back to the God he hasn't spoken to since his wife's death seven months ago.
It is a story of betrayal, the unfairness of life, and greed, as opposed to simple trust and tremendous courage. For example, we see how Stan, the fearful one, overcomes fear when his brother's life is in danger. The relationships between the characters are convincing and the plot is well worked out. It is an excellent read and I can highly recommend it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment