Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 6 October 2023

MARSHALING HER HEART by MARY CONNEALY

Publication date 17/10/23
MARSHALING HER HEART is the third novel in the Wyoming Sunrise series by MARY CONNEALY. Although it can stand alone, I am glad I have read all three books in this exciting and inspirational series. 
The story takes place in 1871 in Pine Valley, where, although the Wainwright boothers who led the Deadeye Gang are dead, there is still fear that the gang is alive  and well, and ready to strike again. Becky Pruitt, who left her abusive father and started up her own very successful ranch, with ex U S Marshall Nate Paxton working for her, agrees to letting her ranch be the headquarters for the search, Nate’s brother Sal and two other marshalls work under cover as cow hands on the ranch to follow a lead…..
Becky’s two friends, Mariah, who runs a blaksmithing business, and Nell, who is Justice of the Peace in the area, are both married, making Becky feel lonely.
All three women are good examples of women’s liberation…
I like the godly characters (althugh of couse there are also viklains in the mix) and the strong Christian message of the importance of forgiveness and of honouring one’s parents, rnnning through the book….
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiing things for you.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment