Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 9 October 2022

THE CAIRO CURSE by PEPPER BASHAM

Publication date 1/2/23
In THE CAIRO CURSE by PEPPER BASHAM we come across the delightful Lord and lady Astley, Frederick  Grace, from The Mistletoe Countess, who have survived the first few months of marriage, which so far has been fraught with danger, and are now on their honeymoon. Instead of going straight to Venice as planned, they start out in Egypt where they join  Freddie’s cousin Georgia and her boorish husband Sydney, on an archeological expedition. Grace, whose head is full of facts she has researched on camels, pyramids, pharaohs and mummies, couldn’t be happier. Her favourite things are “bookish conversations,, life-threatening adventures” and the “wonderfully romantic gestures” of her beloved husband, her very own “handsome hero”,  in her fairy tale life which follows hard after the lives of her favourite fictional characters. This young woman, who is full of love, imagination, compassion, and faith in God, is definitely not a “proper” lady and sees herself as an amateur detective, has become one of my favourite fictional characters, together with her once morose and broken husband, Lord Astley. She is very amusing and is only too happy to make people laugh.
This book has everything you need for a delightful and thrilling read - suspense, murder, curses, betrayal, pyramids and tombs, thieves,  camel rides, romance, and some most unscrupulous characters. Running through the story there is also a strong Christian message of redemption.
I cannot recommend The Cairo Curse strongly enough. 
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


1 comments:

Pepper Basham said...

Susan! Thank you so much for this review! It's the first one for The Cairo Curse that I've seen!!

Post a Comment