Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 1 April 2021

LET IT BE ME by BECKY WADE

Publication date 4/5/21
LET IT BE ME by BECKY WADE is a beautifully written love story in which the author deals sensitively with many subjects, such as pediatric heart surgery, loyalty amongst friends, forgiveness, second chances and unselfish love; and through it all we get the sense of a loving Father God, being in control and bringing good out of all things. We also see God's miracle power at work as He protects and heals broken people, both physically and emotionally.
Leah Montgomery is very young when she becomes her brother Dylan's caregiver due to their father's disappearance and their mother's maternal ineptitude. Leah is a mathematical genius and gave up her chance of studying at Princeton and becming a math professor in order to provide a stable life for her beloved brother. She is a woman of logic and reason and tells everyone she does not "do romance". When she finds out that she is not related to her biological parents, she searches everywhere to find out what went wrong on the day she was born.
Dr Sebastian Grant is a pediatric heart surgeon who does not let anyone close to him, except for his friend Ben Coleman and Ben's family. When his mother, his only living relative, died, he became rebellious and fought his way through school.
I do not want to tell you any more, but there is a great deal more to Let It Be Me. I really loved this novel and cannot recommend it highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment