Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 14 March 2021

A WOMAN OF WORDS by ANGELA HUNT

Publication date 4/5/21
A WOMAN OF WORDS is the third novel in the Jerusalem Road series by ANGELA HUNT but it can easily stand alone. This author has an amazing way of writing biblical fiction that enhances rather than detracts from the truth of God's Word.
The story starts with the disciple Matthew being called from Capernaum to help with the Lord's work in Jerusalem. When he arrives there he is disappointed to hear that he will be doing accounting work instead of preaching to the lost with the other disciples.
We see Mary, the mother of Jesus, being led by the Holy Spirit to ask Matthew to help her write about Jesus' life. After a rather rocky start, they form a strong bond when Matthew realizes that the story of Jesus is to be just that, with none of him or his clever way with words in it. This really spoke to me. How many times do we push ourselves into another's story in order to make a good impression?
It is a fascinating way to look at the birth of Matthew's gospel, with Mary and Matthew interviewing people who were with Jesus when neither of them were there.
I like to see Mary portrayed as an ordinary woman who was divinely appointed to bear the Saviour of the world but is in no way divine herself nor should she be seen as such.
The novel is full of wonderful and well loved biblical characters together with the ongoing threat from Rome and many of the Pharisees.
I am not going to tell you any more of the story for fear of spoiling things for you.
I highly recommend A Woman Of Words to anyone who enjoys biblical fiction and who loves God's Word, or for anyone who is searching for the truth about Jesus and His gospel.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment