Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 30 April 2021

THE PRIZE-WINNING STORY by KEN YODER REED

Publication date 1/9/21
THE PRIZE-WINNING STORY by KEN YODER REED is, in my opinion, a must read for anyone who loves the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, has a love for the Jewish people and for the land of Israel, and also for those who want to learn more about Israel and Jewish heritage.
Pastor Vladdy, the host of the radio show For Zion's Sake, asks his Jewish friend, Major Eli Bloom, to be the tour guide on his fifteenth annual tour of the Holy Land. Eli agrees on one condition - that there is a prize awarded at the end of the tour to the person who tells the best story. This story must have two elements - first they must speak of what touches them at a particular place on the tour and secondly their story must have something to do with relationships between Jews and Christians.
As we travel through Israel with this assortment of people, the author makes us aware, through both the Old and New Testaments, of not only the history but also the very essence of God's Promised Land and its people.
I absolutely loved the book for the truth it embodies and the interesting characters who the author describes with understanding and quite a bit of humour.
I cannot recommend The Prize-Winning Story highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Root Source Press. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment