Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 10 April 2021

GIRLS OF SUMMER by C E HILBERT

GIRLS OF SUMMER by C E HILBERT has everything that makes a really excellent romantic thriller, together with an inspiring Christian message. It is a gripping story, and one in which things are not always as they seem, not only as far as the suspense goes, but also in the area of human relationships. It is a book about family dynamics and the restoration of broken people.
Charlotte Dixon is the product of a seemingly loveless childhood. She is taken advantage of by her mother, who has ties with the Russian mafia and is siphoning money out of Charlotte's New York gallery to fund her gambling debts. When her father dies he leaves his fortune to Charlotte and her half sister Georgie, if they can live together and run the business for a year. Georgie is a loving Christian girl, who had a great childhood, and whose mother treated Charlotte as her own daughter during the short period that she was allowed to spend with her father. Will Charlotte ever be able to settle into life with her noisy, interfering Southern family, or will she give up and go back to her life in New York?
When the FBI interview her with regard to her mother's involvement with organized crime, things literally start "blowing up" around her.
Does she know more than she is telling the agents and her handsome in house lawyer, Mac Taylor, and is she a willing partner in her mother's crimes? And what about her Russian grandmother - where does she fit into it all?
I will leave it to you to find out!
I cannot recommend Girls of Summer highly enough as an exciting and inspirational read.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from the Pelican Book Group. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment