Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 25 May 2020

A BRIDE OF CONVENIENCE by JODY HEDLUND

Publication date 30/6/20
A BRIDE OF CONVENIENCE is the third novel in The Bride Ships series by JODY HEDLUND. It is a beautiful historical romance, packed with action and intrigue, and with a great Christian message running through it. it is a story about unconditional love and second chances and the desire to find God's will for one's life rather than bending to tradition and man made rules.
The story takes place in 1863 with the arrival of a bride ship containing poor young girls from the cotton mills in Manchester who are looking for husbands. Many of them were starving when they left England after the closing of the cotton mills, and two succumb to consumption upon arrival - one of whom is Zoe Hart's dear friend Jane.
From Zoe's first meeting with him at Jane's deathbed, Pastor Abe Merivale takes it upon himself to be the friend she needs. Desperate to stop her from marrying Dexter Dawson, a real villain, and saddened by his fiancee in England's betrayal, he marries her.
That is all I am going to tell you as I do not want to spoil the read for you.
I cannot recommend A Bride of Convenience highly enough, and while it can be read as a stand alone, I suggest that you read the first two books in the series as well, for pure enjoyment. The characters are well portrayed and I really love the way the author describes their battles and emotions, so that we are caught up in what they are feeling. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment