Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 24 May 2020

THE CRUSHING DEPTHS by DANI PETTREY

Publication date 30/6/20
THE CRUSHING DEPTHS is the second book in the Coastal Guardians series by DANI PETTREY, but it can easily be read as a stand alone. The author has once again given us a great romantic thriller and a most enjoyable read.
When Mason Rogers and Rissi Dawson, agents in the North Carolina Coast Guard Investigative Services, are sent to investigate a suspicious death on the Dauntless offshore oil platform, it is once again them against the world, as it was in the children's home in which they used to live. They have an unbreakable bond which is still evident after ten years, and we wonder if it is going to lead to something more.
I like the way the camaraderie amongst the CGIS team and the faith in God shown by some of them, contrasts with the wickedness of those who will do anything to get what they want. The plot is well worked out and fast paced with murder, stalking, a helicopter crash, a huge storm and sea rescues, to keep you on the end of your chair. It is also interesting to see what life is like on an oil rig.
I highly recommend The Crushing Depths to anyone who enjoys this genre. You will not be disappointed!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment