Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 28 July 2019

THE PAINTED CASTLE by KRISTY CAMBRON

Publication date 15/10/19.
THE PAINTED CASTLE is another epic novel by KRISTY CAMBRON, which takes place over three generations. It follows on from Castle On The Rise, and, although it can easily be read as a stand alone, I really recommend reading the books in sequence, for pure enjoyment! I really like this author's way with words, her character portrayal and understanding of human nature, and the clever way her fictional characters fit in with the history of the times.
Starting in 1843 with Elizabeth Meade, following on to 1944 with Amelia Woods and ending with Keira Foley in the present day, the author has woven these three women's stories together at Parham Hill Estate Framlingham England, bringing this manor house and its surroundings alive with really beautiful prose. All three women have been badly hurt in the past and we see how they gradually find healing, largely due to the men in their lives, who also have a certain brokenness. It is a story of redemption and hope.
I like the historical aspect with Queen Victoria's secret painting by the famous
Franz Xaver Winterhalter playing a big part in the story, and also the vivid descriptions of the horrors of World War II and the fortitude of those who lived at the time.
It is an inspirational book with three wonderful romances running through it, and one I can highly recommend.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment