Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 29 April 2018

THE FASHION DESIGNER by NANCY MOSER

THE FASHION DESIGNER by NANCY MOSER is a charming book. I love the theme of fashion design and dressmaking. Although it is the second novel in The Pattern Artist series it can most definitely be read as a stand alone. The characters are very real and the story is lovely.
The novel is set in 1912, a time when women were not expected to break out of the stereotypical roles into which they were born.
Three friends give up their jobs to follow a dream. Led by Annie Culver, former housemaid, and promised funding by Eleanor Sampson, they rent the apartment above and get down to work. Maude Nascato worked with Annie at Butterick and Edna Holmquist worked at Macy's. Annie's husband, Sean, keeps his job at Butterick, but is very much a part of the whole project. They want to improve life for the ordinary woman by designing and making clothes that are comfortable, affordable and that make them look and feel good.
Annie and her friends have experienced so many miracles, including missing the train which would have got them to the Titanic in time for its departure, and this helps them hold on in faith when things seem to be hopeless. We see how important it is to follow God's leading and how easy it is for things to go wrong when we leave God out and try and make things happen in our own strength.
It is a really enjoyable read with a strong Christian message.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Brenda Josee said...

Thanks for the review, Sue. I'm glad you liked the book!

Post a Comment