Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 11 April 2024

A RUN AT LOVE by TONI SHILOH

Publication date 7/5/24
A RUN AT LOVE is the second novel in the Love in the Spotlight series by TONI SHILOH, but it can easily stand alone. What a lovely book - what more could you want than a sweet romance, lots of horses, and a strong Christian message.?! I cannot recommend the read strongly enough. There is also tension with family relationships  being threatened with collapse due to uncovered scandal, all of which takes place in the horse racing and training world. It is a story about inter racial adoption, rejection, uncondicional love, new beginnings, forgiveness, justice and repentance.
Piper McKinney is not sure where she belongs, being a black girl adopted by wealthy white parents. Her parents own the prestigious horse farm, Bolt Brook, where Piper’s best friend Tucker Hale works as a trainer. Piper, with her love for horses, feels she has inherited her adoptive parents’  DNA! At twenty-eight, desperate to make her own way in the world, she buys her own farm and a beautiful colt, Dream, who she employs Tucker to train. Although she is close to her parents, Tucker is the one person who really understands her……
Although Tucker is a man of faith he tends to make extensive plans instead of trusting God .……..
I am not going to tell  you any more for fear of spoiling things for you.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment