Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 April 2024

FINDING YOU by ROBIN PATCHEN

FINDING YOU is the third novel in the Wright Heroes of Maine series by ROBIN PATCHEN, but although I like reading the series in sequence,  it can easily  stand alone.
The story is exciting, the characters unforgettable and the Christian message strong. I guarantee you will not be able to put the book down.
The story starts with Muslim terrorist Hasan Mahmoud breaking into Sophia Chapman’s apartment in Munich to look for clues to the whereabouts of a stash of weapons that Saddam Hussein had hidden in Germany. There is an exhibition of Babylonian artifacts about to take place at the Munchen Meisterwerke Galerie where Sophie works designing art exhibits, and one of the exhibits is thought to contain a clue to show where the weapons have been hidden. Sophie also works at a mission where Muslim refugees are led to Christ and families are helped with food and clothing, which is another reason for Hasan to hate her…..
Bryan Wright meets Sophie in Shadow Cove where she is visiting her best friend Leila, Bryan’s brother Michael’s fiancee. Michael, the undercover CIA agent, has heard of something going down at the exhibition and asks Bryan, the antiquities professor, in absolute secrecy, to go back to Munich with Sophie and look through the exhibits for anything suspicious, not realising the danger he is putting them in…..
I like the way both Bryan’s and Sophie’s characters are developed throughout the story and how they bring out the best in each other.
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you.
I cannot recommend Finding You strongly enough and am looking forward to the next book in the series.


1 comments:

Robin Patchen said...

Thanks for the great review, Sue!

Post a Comment