Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 10 December 2023

TRUTH BE TOLD by PATRICIA RAYBON

Publicationdate 11/6124
TRUTH BE TOLD by PATRICIA RAYBON is the third novel in the Annalee Spain amateur detective series. As is the case in the first two books, the  author follows hard after Scriptural truth and bases this one on John  chapter 15 and psalm twenty seven. In the same way that some plants are dangerous, hiding their poison under blooms and leaves, the same can be said of some humans. Things are not always as they seem, as Annalee follows clues to uncover a young woman’s murder. Whereas no human being can ever be perfect, we see how fear can silence even those who are trying to live upright lives. “People kill people - or kill other people’s dreams, hopes and spirits, even kill their accomplishments - for fear of losing something themselves.” There is intimidation and blackmail, but Annalee refuses to give up on finding justice for Prissy Mack. She says, “I am warned and I’m scared. But I won’t turn around.”
The characters are unforgettable and very real, for example Annalee herself and her pastor boyfriend Jack Blake, her scruffy little partner in crime, Eddie Brown Jr from the Denver Boys’ home, and her friend Edna Smallworth, to name but a few.
Annalee invites Edna Smallworth to attend a function with her at the Coates’ mansion, where  Cooper Coates’ daughter, Melody, finds a dead young Negro girl in her secret hideaway in the garden. Here we come across the snobbish African American upper class at its worst as they joke about the young girl and carry on with their insipid conversations. This is the time when the KKK and racial prejudice are prevalent, but there is also a rich Negro upper class in Denver who cling hard to their status….
I am not telling you any more for fear of spoiling things for you. 
I cannot recommend Truth Be Told highly enough for the exciting and thought provoking story with its strong Christian message.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment