Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 December 2023

A LOVE DISCOVERED by TRACIE PETERSON

Publication date 5/3/24
A LOVE DISCOVERED by TRACIE PETERSON is the first novel in The Heart of Cheyenne series. It is a most enjoyable read and I cannot wait for the next book in the series!
The story starts in 1867 in Independence, Indiana, with a marriage of convenience between two very good friends, Marybeth Kruger, who is afraid that, as an unmarried woman with no income, she will lose Carrie, her precious little sister, and:lawman Edward Vogel, who has been invited by his mentor and best friend to move to Cheyenne  to join him in trying to keep the peace in that wild railroad town. In order to take up this appointment, Edward needs a wife. All goes reasonably well, in spite of the danger of living in this lawless place, until they start having feelings for each other……
It is a story about friendship, unselfish love, and overcoming fear and anger by putting one’s faith in God.  The characters are unforgettable and their emotions are beautifully potrayed. The Christian message is strong and the title is very apt.
I found A Love Discovered both exciting and inspirational, and cannot recommend the book highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment