Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 October 2023

DYSFUNCTION JUNCTION by ROBIN W PEARSON

Publication date 6/2/24
DYSFUNCTION JUNCTION by ROBIN W PEARSON is the story of the three Winters sisters, Frances Mae, Annabelle and Charlotte, who have been badly affected by their mother’s narcisistic selfishness and chronic neglect. Frankie,  the oldestt, virtually brought them up with the help of Miss Hattie, a godly neighbour, and is now the mother of four who she is determined to raise with the loving care she never received herseflf.
Annabelle is married, with a stepson she adores, and is pregnant. She battles with rejection, especially because she doesnot know who her father was. 
Charlotte is a successful psychologist who is very unsure of herself, although she gives a different impression. She is determined to never marry. When Miss Hattie telephones them with a request, they get together around the problem of “What do we do with Mama?”……
Whereas the glimpses into their horrible childhood are sad, I love their heated and sometimes amusing conversations as they try to come to terms with this problem and how their decision will affect their grown up lives. As old memories come to light they find it hard to forgive their mother. As Frankie says to Charlotte, “I’m still at that junction, dear sister, between hurtin’ and healin’. Give me time.”
I like to see how the Lord deals with each of them, drawing them to Himself.  In this inspirational and well written book we are reminded that “families are part of God’s design. Although they are flawed they are beautiful. “
I cannot recommend Dysfunction Junction highly enough for the heartwarming story, unforgettable characters and strong Christian message.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.





0 comments:

Post a Comment