Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 17 June 2022

LINEAGE OF CORRUPTION by ROBIN PATCHEN

LINEAGE OF CORRUPTION is another great romantic suspense novel by ROBIN PATCHEN which takes place in Coventry. I always look forward to this author’s books and I am never disappointed. Although such subjects as abortion, political corruption, jealousy and betrayal are brought out, the book is not at all heavy, in fact there is some humour in parts of the story.
Josie Harrington changes her surname to Smith, leaves the stressful political scene, her mother and senator father, her ex-fiancé Bentley Kent and her best friend Ellie Sanders, and moves to Coventry, hoping no one will find out who she really is. She is happy running her coffee shop and finds baking therapeutic, especially after all she has gone through. 
It is not long before Bentley arrives on the scene, hoping to win her back. They go on a hike which turns out to be disastrous, excepting that she is saved by Thomas Wyndham, the handsome insurance agent who volunteers with search and rescue. Thomas is running for mayor, but, although Josie is a brilliant political strategist, she is hesitant to help in his campaign. She is wary of alpha males, having been surrounded by them in the political arena, and wants to stay away from anything that could compromise her new life. However, someone has found out who she is, is using intimidation and will stop at nothing to try and make her father go against his convictions……
I highly recommend Lineage of Corruption as an exciting and inspirational read, with interesting characters, a nail biting plot, and a strong Christian message of redemption and restoration. I guarantee you will not be able to put the book down. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment