Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 3 June 2022

BY WAY OF THE MOONLIGHT by ELIZABETH MUSSER

Publication date 2/8/22
BY WAY OF THE MOONLIGHT by ELIZABETH MUSSER is a beautifully written novel in which the author’s Christian beliefs form a strong foundation for the main characters in the story. I also love the horse theme and the fact that each horse has its own character and is cherished by its owner.
Allie Massey has always had a close relationship with her feisty grandmother, Nana Dale, which is largely based on their love of horses. This leads to Allie’s determination to carry out her grandmother's dream of turning Hickory Hills into an equine healing centre. This hope is dashed when Nana Dale’s will is read.
Allie digs deep to uncover Nana Dale’s well hidden secrets. The author moves easily between the present day and the 1930’s and war years, gradually uncovering the mysteries of the past and giving us insight into the characters’ emotions.
This book, with its wonderful cast of characters, touches on so many topics such as dysfunctional relationships between mothers and daughters, forgiveness, being thankful for what one has rather than wishing for the next thing, an answered prayer which brings encouragement to many, WW11 and the Battle of the Atlantic where the Sand Pounders patrol the coast, and so much more, including some heartwarming romance.
i highly recommend By Way of the Moonlight as an enjoyable and inspirational read.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment