Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 22 March 2022

THE APOSTLE’S SISTER by ANGELA HUNT

Publication date 7/6/22
THE APOSTLE’S SISTER is the fourth novel in the Jerusalem Road series by ANGELA HUNT. This author has an amazing way of telling her stories, backed by solid knowledge of scripture together with its Jewish roots. She has also obviously done a great deal of research. 
We first meet Aya, Sha’ul’x younger sister, in Tarsus in A.D. 30, as a young girl with a beautiful voice and a love of singing. She sees her voice as a gift from God and the main thing that makes her unique. Although she does not want to marry, Avidan, the man chosen by her parents, is good and kind and they come to love one another. Sha’ul, on the other hand, only marries Bettina in obedience to the Law and to further his ambition to become a member of the Great Sanhedrin.
Aya leaves Tarsus with Avidan, who is going to study Torah under the great teacher Gamaliel in Jerusalem. 
I like to see how Aya helps her husband, who has poor eyesight, to study for his examinations by reading to him, They have intelligent discussions and we see how Yeshua is right there in the Hebrew scriptures. It is interesting to see the rigidity of the Law, especially as it is practised by the pharisees. When Sha’ul meets Yeshua on the Damascus road, Aya is angry with him for causing her to be shunned by the Jews. Will she ever be able to go against her beliefs and accept Yeshua for herself?
This incredible time in history is described in great detail, with Yeshua and His followers, the miraculous  healings and deliverances, and the message of salvation spreading throughout the known world.
I found The Apostle’s Sister to be full of biblical insight and altogether an inspirational and interesting read. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment