Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 March 2022

LONG WAY HOME by LYNN AUSTEN

Publication date 21/6/22
In  LONG WAY HOME, LYNN AUSTEN has once again given us a touching and inspirational historical romance novel, undergirded by her faith in Christ and her love for the Word of God and the Jewish people.  It is a story about courage in the face of man’s inhumanity towards his fellow man, love, hope, restoration and redemption.
In 1946 Jimmy Barnett, a WW11 medic, comes back from the war a broken man, suffering from depression and combat fatigue. Jimmy is Peggy Sorrano’s best friend and his parents fill a deep void in her life, as she often feels unwanted and rejected. The three of them, together with Joe Fiore, a soldier whose life Jimmy saved, work hard to help him by contacting men he fought with, many of whose lives he also saved,  to draw him out of his deep depression. Jimmy has always had a strong faith, encouraging others with Scripture, but now he seems angry with God.
Gisela Wolff is a Jewess who escapes Berlin with her family on the St Louis, only to be sent back to Europe after Cuba refuses to allow the ship to dock. I like the way the author runs her story parallel to Jimmy’s and Peggy’s.
The book is very well written with unforgettable characters and a message for each one us. 
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling the read for you.
I cannot recommend Long Way Home highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers.  The opinions in this review are completely my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment