Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 22 November 2021

TO DISGUISE THE TRUTH by JEN TURANO

Publication date 18/1/22
TO DISGUISE THE TRUTH is another delightful novel by JEN TURANO featuring the Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency and the unusual group of agents who are led by Mrs Eunice Holbrooke, disguised by her widow’s weeds and thick veils. 
When Arthur Livingston comes to the agency in order for them to find the:missing Miss Eugenia Howland, he does not have any success in getting them to take his case as the ladies, for some reason, find him arrogant and, except for Judith Donovan who wants to sketch his high cheekbones, seem anxious for him to leave. Eunice is desperate to hide her true identity as she is afraid of being charged with her wealthy grandfather’s murder. She takes an undercover assignment to get Mrs Clement Mills out of the Blackwell Island Insane Asylum,  but finds this is not enough to keep the irritating Arthur Livingstone away. He is determined to find the elusive Miss Howland and honour his promise to her deceased grandfather.
I love the way the book is written and I love the very clever banter amongst the unforgettable characters. The story is fast paced and full of intrigue, with some charming romance, together with a great Christian message on the importance of truth.
I absolutely loved the novel and highly recommend it as a most enjoyable and inspirational read.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment