Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 19 June 2021

UNDERCURRENT OF SECRETS by RACHEL SCOTT McDANIEL

Publication date 1/9/21
UNDERCURRENT OF SECRETS by RACHEL SCOTT McDANIEL is a most enjoyable historical romance novel which takes place over two time frames, linked in quite an amazing way and with an unforgettable love story in
each timeline.The book is based on scriptures such as "Perfect love casts out all fear", and it is good to see the main characters holding on to the Lord and His unfailing love. A quotation that I especially like is "Love is bold. It takes a good deal of courage and a trusting heart."
In present time, Devyn Asbury is getting over being dumped by her fiance Travis Leeman on the social media site, Space Station, which they developed together, where he put their relationship on display and manipulated her shamelessly. It took her a while to realise that "Her security came from God, not what the world said about her." She is now working as a wedding coordinator on the one hundred year old steamboat "The Belle of Louisville", where her love of history combines with a love of romantic old movies to provide a setting for marriages that she hopes will last.
She meets Chase Jones, an artist who is going to help her get ready for a benefit ball for the Once Upon A Wedding competition, on condition that she helps him find out about Hattie, a young girl whose picture his grandfather had.
In 1926 we are taken aboard the "Idlewild" (the original name of the Belle) and meet Hattie Louis, the young woman in question, Duffy, the captain who took her in as a baby and Jack Asbury, the first mate. We see her story unfold parallel to that of Devyn and Chase and gradually all their secrets come to light.
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you. It is a beautifully written novel, with unforgettable characters and a plot twist that I certainly was not expecting! I cannot recommend Undercurrent of Secrets highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Rachel McDaniel said...

Thank you SO much, Sue, for your lovely review of Undercurrent of Secrets! Your words blessed my heart.

Post a Comment