Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 3 September 2018

WHO I AM WITH YOU by ROBIN LEE HATCHER

Publication date 11/12/18.
WHO I AM WITH YOU by ROBIN LEE HATCHER is an emotional read, which deals with two sets of people in two different timelines, all of whom are trying to overcome betrayal of some sort.
In present time, Ridley Chesterfield comes to the small town of Hope Springs in order to escape a political scandal in which he was falsely accused. He is staying in his parents' holiday home, where they hope to retire one day, right next door to Jessica Mason, a young pregnant widow, who is trying to get over her husband's betrayal and her daughter's death.
The parallel timeline starts in 1929 with the marriage of Andrew Henning and Helen Grayson and goes on through the depression.
In both cases there is betrayal, unforgiveness, and even a false sense of guilt to overcome, and we see how the Lord works in each of the situations. The novel is largely based on Romans chapter eight, verses twenty-six to twenty-eight, and we do indeed see how good comes out of each situation. I like the way Andrew Henning's bible, which ends up being left to Jessica by her grandmother, Frani, plays a big part in the story.
It is a sensitively told story with a really good Christian message.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment