Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 21 September 2018

MILES FROM WHERE WE STARTED by CYNTHIA RUCHTI

Publication date16/10/18
In MILES FROM WHERE WE STARTED, CYNTHIA RUCHTI tells the story of a marriage and a fifteen year old boy that both need rescuing. It is a delightful read, very emotional but relieved with a good dose of humour.
Connor and Mallory Duncan haven't even been married for a year and their marriage seems to be over. They are about to go their separate ways when, because Connor's partner, Nathan, can't get out of jury duty, they end up embarking on a three week road trip in a very small camper, in order to make sure that their firm gets the RoadSave account. Add Nathan's troubled foster son, Judah, and things really get interesting!
It is a beautifully told story of courage, redemption and restoration, as we see God's grace at work in their hearts. I especially love the way the people they meet on the way have such input in their lives. It is not only RoadSave that is organizing their route - God Himself definitely has a hand in it!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment